the Hyde Park
now the Hyde Park Fire Department began as two separate
companies, Eagle Engine and Rescue Hook and Ladder. These
companies were founded in 1845. While these companies
shared one building, the Old Firehouse, now home to the
Hyde Park Historical Society, and responded together to
alarms, they maintained their own identities and rotated
the privilege of electing a chief every two years. In
1961 the companies officially merged into one becoming
the Hyde Park Fire Department and moving to the current
firehouse at 4306 Albany Post Road.
today is 29 members strong and answers approximately 500
alarms annually. The members operate an Engine, a Tower Ladder, a Rescue Pumper
and a Brush Truck.